The website disclaimer can be accessed under https://reports.anglogoldashanti.com/22/forward-looking-statements/
- The AngloGold Ashanti site may include links to other companies’ websites and other third-party services that have privacy policies of their own, for example, the facilitator of the Careers Portal. We recommend that you read and familiarise yourself with these policies – AngloGold Ashanti will not be held responsible for any negative consequences, legal or otherwise, that may result from your use of any third-party websites or services.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
- This includes any information that you provide to us directly:
- when you sign-up to utilise our services;
- by filling in forms on our websites, or those provided to you;
- when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
- by posting comments or content on our social media pages; or
- when you contact us or we contact you and you provide information directly to us.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
What personal information we collect
- When you register to use our services, you will be required to provide us with the following information, your –
- name and surname;
- contact number and email address;
- physical address;
- identity or passport number; and
- date of birth.
Information we collect or receive when you use our website or social media platforms
- We collect information when you use websites or social media platforms by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use websites, we may receive:
- Log information;
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with products and services;
- Device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- Location information.
- Information from third-party sources We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in in other ways.
3.2 SITE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you choose to register with our site, we will ask you to provide certain personal information, including your first and last names, your email address, language, country or location, telephone number and other contact information.
This personal information collected by AngloGold Ashanti under Sections 3.1 and 3.2, which may also include other personal information when such other information is required, allows us to contact you, to provide a service to you, and to provide you with the information that you have requested. You will always be given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving any communications as a result of your registration with our site.
3.3. BURSARY APPLICATION INFORMATION
If you apply for a bursary by downloading a bursary application form from our site, we will ask you to provide certain personal information, including your first and last names, your email address, country or location, telephone number and other contact information, and information relating to your education history. This personal information which is collected by AngloGold Ashanti allows us to assess your bursary application, and to contact you to notify you of the outcome of our decision on your bursary application.
4. ONLINE COOKIE INFORMATION
- Other than the data that you choose to share with us, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you may decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. However, if you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our site, you may not be able to view all content available on our site or benefit from all aspects of our site’s functionality.
5. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE?
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services you request from us;
- in order to refer you to an appropriate third-party service provider;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with support;
- to provide you with updates regarding our site, if you have requested this;
- to help us provide you with information most relevant to you;
- to help us assess your application for a bursary; and
- to provide effective advertising (for example to be provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer, that are similar to those that you have already hired or enquired about).
6. HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE?
- We don’t sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share information with:
- a limited number of our employees and third party service providers (other than those who we refer you to), who we assist you to interact with;
- our business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with selected business partners;
- other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
- companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you; and
- third-parties where you provide consent. In some cases, third-parties (often advertisers) may wish to attain information about you in order to promote their products to you, or for whatever other reason. We may share information with third-parties where you provide consent in the form of an explicit opt-in. Before we ask you to opt-in, we will endeavour to provide you with a clear description of what personal information would be shared with the third-party. Remember that once you have opted in to allow us to send your information to the third-party, we cannot control what they do with your personal information; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies before providing permission for us to share your information.
7. WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering information, answering questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing registration information. We will only provide those companies with the information that they need to deliver the service, which may include your personal information. These companies are contractually required to protect your information and they will be prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Information will also only be shared by AGA to provide or improve our services; it will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes, or any other purposes, without your consent.
8. WHAT ARE YOU RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA?
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you service-related messages.
- We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is up to date. So, if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it.
9. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION?
10. YOUR RIGHT AND ABILITY TO ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to provide us with correct details as well as to update the personal data you previously provided to us in the event of any changes.
11. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
The security of your personal information is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this. We will at all times comply with our obligation under applicable law. AGA does not make any warranties or representations that any loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure or unauthorised access of your personal information will not occur.
12. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside of your country of residence, including in South Africa or in any other country in which AngloGold Ashanti or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, where the data privacy laws, regulations and standards, may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
- We might transfer your personal information to places outside of South Africa and store it there, where our suppliers might process it. If that happens, your personal information will only be transferred to and stored in a country that has equivalent, or better, data protection legislation than South Africa or with a service provider which is subject to an agreement requiring it to comply with data protection requirements equivalent or better than those applicable in South Africa.
- Your use of our website, followed by your submission of information to us, represents your consent to such transfer.
13. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
AGA does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18 who do not have the consent of their parents or guardians. Our databases may nevertheless contain personal data of children under 18 because it is not always possible for us to determine precisely the age of the user. To the extent that we receive an application for a bursary from a person under the age of 18, we also require that such person obtains the signature of their parents or guardians on such application form.
14. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website or social media platforms may contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
18. YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may at any time request:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- access to your personal information;
- the identities or categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information; or
- that we correct or delete any personal information that is incomplete, misleading, inaccurate, excessive or out of date.